Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Collector's Love

Less than a year ago I had the pleasure to visit Wilkowice (small town in Poland) for the third time. It is important because in this small town very atmospheric agricultural event is organized. I mean an Old Tractors and Agricultural Machinery Festival. 

Like I said, I've been there three times already and every time I came back from Wilkowice I was very satisfied. First time I have been there as journalist/editor of Farmer magazine (agricultural magazine from Poland). After coming back I wrote then, one of my better articles ("Collector’s Love"), at least according to me :).




What is characteristic for this event and what I always try to tell everyone, it is the atmosphere. Atmosphere that captivates from the very beginning. Atmosphere that is reminiscent for motorcycle events. Old Tractors Festival joins people with their passion... 

Last edition of the Old Tractors Festival captivated me so much, that instead of writing a traditional report from the show I did something completely different. I decided to describe a whole lot of positive emotions that accumulate annually in Wilkowice. I expect that similar excitement will also be there this year. Therefore, in good conscience, I strongly recommend to all lovers of agricultural mechanization to visit the festival, which will take place this Saturday and Sunday, the 18 and 19 August. 

Report with last year's event can be found on agrotechnic.pl ("Passion, history and agricultural tractors" – sorry only in polish). And below I attached some photos of tractors from 2011.

image name image name image name

No comments:

Post a Comment